We are excited to announce our plan for in-person worship. Please take a minute to read the
entirety of this email. The email is broken up into three sections FAQ, Dates, Procedures and
Protocol for in-person worship, and Children & Student Ministries.
Frequently Asked Question about in-person worship:
Can we wear masks while sitting in our pew?
Everyone is required to wear a mask while walking into the sanctuary. After being seated you are welcome to continue wearing your mask for your protection. For some individuals it is hard to wear a mask for the entire hour of worship so we are doing our best to accommodate every person’s needs while keeping our church family safe.
Is the nursery open?
The Nursery will be closed till “things return” to normal. We invite you to worship with your infants. We have missed the sounds of infants in worship for 7 months. The babies’ sounds of ohhs, ahhs, and cries will be viewed as songs of praise. Potty trained Pre-K kids 3 years and up can join us for in-person Sunday School.
Where do we park?
All those who are able to walk a few feet we ask that you park across from Aston Elementary School. We want to keep the front parking lot open for those who need it the most.
Can we drive under the canopy?
The access road that leads to the canopy will be closed as this space is going to be used by our children’s ministry.
Should we arrive early to church?
Yes, Sunday mornings can be a hectic, but we ask that you arrive a little as we are learning to check people in and get your temperatures. We ask that during this season we, as a church family, extend grace upon grace as we navigate this new season of ministry.
What happens after the check-in?
You will be given a sticker indicating that you are checked in. You can choose your sticker from three colors RED, ORANGE, and GREEN.
RED – indicates you are extremely cautious and church members need to give you a lot of space.
ORANGE - indicates you are cautious of your surroundings.
GREEN - indicates you are comfortable with your surroundings.
Start dates for in-Person worship and Sunday School:
Contemporary Worship – October 4th at 10:15 AM
Children’s Sunday School – October 4th at 10:15 AM
Middle School students invited to in-person worship service or join zoom Sunday School
High School Students invited to in-person worship or Sunday School
Traditional Worship - October 18th at 9:00 AM
Procedures and Protocol for in-person worship:
- We are asking you to fill out the attached “Covid 19 release forms” where you are acknowledging that you will not hold Mt. Hope UMC liable in case you or your family members are infected with Covid-19 after worshiping at Mt. Hope UMC. Please bring these forms to church or you may pick-up liability release forms from the church office.
- Everyone will enter the sanctuary through the front doors near the office.
- Prior to entering the sanctuary, we are going to be doing the following:
1) Check your temperature
2) Please wear a mask
3) You will be “signed in” by a Parking Lot Greeter
- When entering the sanctuary, you will be required to wear a mask. You can take off your mask after being seated in your pew.
- We prefer that you do not sing (we know this is hard for Methodists), but if you would like to hum along, please wear your mask.
- After the Benediction you will be asked to walk towards the front of the sanctuary, and you will exit either through the Habbersett door or the hallway that leads to under the Canopy.
- Those who need or prefer a ramp to exit the building, we ask that you be seated until everyone exits the building and then you could access the main doors to the ramp.
Children & Youth/Student Ministries:
- On October 4 th at 10:15 AM we hope to welcome children, pre-teens, and teens for worship and Sunday school.
- All Children will check in at the Children’s Ministry Tent under the Canopy.
- Your Child and Teen will be required to wear a mask for the entirety of Sunday School.
- After the worship you can pick-up your child under the canopy.- Children’s Ministry will provide pre-recorded “a virtual Sunday School” for those who do not wish to bring their children to in-person Sunday School.
- Starting 9/6/2020, the Youth/ Student Ministries started a Sunday night in-person time of learning and fellowship.